Sunday, January 16, 2022

Purging

 It's been awhile, and I greatly apologize for that. A LOT has been happening. My only explanation for it is I've been so busy LIVING life that I've had very little time to write about it. Perhaps I'll go back and catch up on the last eight months or so at some point. After all, there was the broken arm, the camp hosting gig we did over the summer and all the new friends we've made, and so many amazing stories. Our revelation about how Great our God is. We've always known it, but now we really KNOW it. 

Broken Arm
Fell in the van. But the folks are taking great care of me.


So why purge, what purge?

Since this is the end of the year, and I am so far behind writing about our lives on the road, I figure I should clean whatever clutter is on my computer and phone and start with a clean slate. So, as we sit at a Florida State Park on a beautiful December afternoon, I am deleting emails and photos. It's HARD! So many emails! Ive joined a few too many mailing lists. I didn't know I did, but I guess I did. Oh, the photos! Some are simply AMAZING! Maybe 10 out of 7,000. I like having my photos at my fingertips. But my phone is getting mad at me. It's starting to scream at me to upgrade. In response, I delete, through tears, 15 photos. Then 10 more. It's a slow and painful process but a necessary one. Then the cardinal family draws my attention and I have to take 20 just to get the ONE I may like.

Three Rivers State Park
A trio of Cardinals.

The purging was put on hold. I got Covid for Christmas. I ended up in ER twice and hospitalized for three days. But more about that later. I'm still very fatigued but on the mend. Maybe I'll be able to continue the purge. One thing I realized about purging emails, is when I unsubscribe from mailing lists, I no longer get much. On one hand it's very liberating. On the other hand, it can be very lonely. Something to get used to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Creative Prompts LeAura, at iCreateDaily.com, sends emails out most everyday to help us deal with our emotions through creating. It could b...